A few weeks ago I wrote about the denim leggings phenomenon a.k.a “jeggings” as in jean-leggings. I was kind of weirded out and skeptical about them. Then I became obsessed with seeing what the hype was.
Apparently others are hyped up about jeggings too because I called four Targets in my area to score this lovely pair to no avail.
I get on these obsessive clothing kicks, like if I can’t find whatever I’m looking for I’ll be forced to fashion a dress out of paper bags one day. But, as Jesus taught to a large crowd that came to listen to him and admire his beard: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes…. consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.” (Luke 12:22-31)
Thankfully Jesus didn’t say anything about jeggings in this scripture, so I think I’m off the hook for being temporarily obsessed with this fashion trend 😉 I did end up finding a great pair at the same price at WetSeal, which I ordered online because I forgot that they had a store in my local mall- boo for having to pay shipping!
- they are ridiculously comfortable. it’s almost like wearing your pajamas around except you look cute instead of grungy like you just woke up.
- they’re great under boots. skinny jeans often are too tight on the calves under boots, but jeggings give you the look without the pinch.
- you can spend a ton on jeggings as you can on any fashion trend. But will they be around for that long? doubtful. $10 is a reasonable amount to spend on something fun and trendy. these are not a fashion investment.
- you can wear them in multiple seasons- spring when it’s too warm to wear jeans but too cold to go bare-legged with shorts or a skirt, fall or summer with a long sweater.
This is what I haven’t liked:
- The pair from WetSeal have a low-rise waistband. Really? who wants low-rise jeggings? Aren’t they revealing enough with being skin-tight & all? Consequently you need to hike them up every once an awhile.
- They’re skin tight. After all, they are leggings. This limits what you can wear with them unlike skinny jeans which may be tight but not nearly as revealing as jeggings. I do like the look with a long shirt or sweater though.
What fashion trend have you been obsessed with lately? Has anyone else jumped on the jeggings bandwagon? Send me a pic of you looking cute in your jeggings if you have & I’ll post it on a “friday fluff” post about fashion!