I have a lot of friends who are in network marketing. For a hot minute I joined up with one of these companies to sell their product which I really liked and used personally. Though I didn’t end up making a career out of selling nail wraps I was blown away by what I learned from the network marketing community.
1. Progress doesn’t happen without goals. The company that I was with encouraged all their consultants to write down and share specific goals with team mates each month. Everyone was clear on what they were trying to accomplish individually and as a team.
2. You need support to reach those goals. One of the most delightful things I found in this community was how much support I received from TOTAL STRANGERS! Women I had never met were happy to point me towards the resources I needed, give an encouraging word when I was discouraged about lack of sales, remind me why I got involved in the first place.
3. Remember your reasons. There are reasons we decide to do things. When things get tough we often forget why we chose to do something in the first place. Writing down these reasons is a powerful reminder to yourself what those reasons are.
Today write down three things that you want to see God do in your life over the next month. Unlike a physical challenge where you can see if you’ve lost weight, can run a little faster, eat a little less, a spiritual challenge can be more difficult to measure. This is why it’s especially important to write down specific things you want to see God change in your heart. Here are a couple examples of what you might write down:
- Grow in courage: Invite a neighbor or new friend over for dinner to get to know them.
- Become more prayerful: Take 5 minutes 3 times/week to pray for people in my life who are struggling.
- Chose love over fear. Memorize 1 John 4:18 and when you’re afraid confess your fear and ask God to fill you with his love.
At the end of the month you’ll be able to look back and see what kind of progress you made and celebrate God’s goodness in your life. If you’re struggling to come up with 3 things, pray and ask Jesus what 3 things he wants you to grow in. He’s pretty smart about spiritual stuff, that Jesus.
Fearless happens with friends,